A customer may withdraw consent to the collection, use and disclosure of his or her data at any time by sending us an email.
Be sure to provide us with the email address to be unsubscribed and put the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line. Please note that if you do so, the Montreal Sports Academy may cancel the sending of information about its products and services designed for you.
Académie Sportive de Montréal collects, at the time of your registration and connection to its Web site, certain “personal information” (information that identifies you personally) including, but not limited to, your name, e-mail address, home or work address, telephone number and other information.
Reason for collecting personal information
Académie Sportive de Montréal collects and uses personal information for the purposes identified here:
- Understand the needs of clients regarding the services of the Montreal Sports Academy;
- to develop and offer visibility of our website and our products and services to our customers;
- to respond to your requests for products, services or information;
- communicate with customers and site visitors as necessary and inform customers of upgrades and other products and services available from Académie Sportive de Montréal, its affiliates and third parties;
- allow clients to access the information exchange areas of the Académie Sportive de Montréal website;
- personalize some of our services and products for you and deliver targeted advertisements and offers from Académie Sportive de Montréal and third parties;
- to bill accounts and keep payment records;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- to respond to a legitimate claim or in the good faith belief that you are violating the rights of a third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the Académie Sportive de Montréal site or any of its products or services;
- to protect the services, products or rights of Académie Sportive de Montréal, including, but not limited to, the security or integrity of the Académie Sportive de Montréal site; and
- to identify and resolve technical problems with the Montreal Sports Academy site, products and services.
Académie Sportive de Montréal also uses personal information in aggregate form (i.e., not individually attributable to you) for business analysis, operational, marketing and other promotional purposes.
Limiting Collection of Personal Information
Académie Sportive de Montréal limits its collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the Identified Purposes. The Montreal Sports Academy does not direct its site to children under the age of thirteen and does not knowingly collect them.
When you visit the Académie Sportive de Montréal Web site, a cookie may be placed on your computer or the cookie may be read if you have visited the Académie Sportive de Montréal site before. If you choose not to have your browser accept cookies from the Montreal Sports Academy website, you may not be able to see all of the text on the screens, have a personalized experience/visit, or subscribe to certain service and product offers on the Montreal Sports Academy website.
Disclosure, Processing and Retention
Montreal Sports Academy does not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to anyone except :
- to a person you have designated to act as your agent, for one or more of the identified purposes (listed in section 2 above);
- to employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents of Académie Sportive de Montréal, acting on behalf of Académie Sportive de Montréal for any of the purposes identified;
- if necessary, if Académie Sportive de Montréal has reason to believe that disclosing it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Académie Sportive de Montréal’s rights or property, other users of the website, Académie Sportive de Montréal’s products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; and
- to respond to legal proceedings and to provide information to law enforcement agencies or in the course of an investigation into matters relating to public safety, as permitted by law or otherwise as required by law.
In addition, as we continue to develop our business, we or our affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that Académie Sportive de Montréal or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
In addition, as we continue to develop our business, we or our affiliates may sell or purchase other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the business assets transferred. In addition, in the event that Académie Sportive de Montréal or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
After your account becomes inactive (i.e., if you request to be removed from our database), Académie Sportive de Montréal will keep your personal information on file. Your information will then only be used to the extent necessary for tax purposes or to prove compliance with any applicable law.
Accuracy of personal information
Montreal Sports Academy will use reasonable efforts to maintain the accuracy of customer personal information for the purposes identified and to minimize the possibility of inappropriate customer decisions being made based on such information. Clients are responsible for informing Académie Sportive de Montréal of any changes to their personal information. You can do so by calling 514-935-8592 or by sending an email. Montreal Sports Academy will use new or updated personal information it receives from clients to update its own records.
Access to personal information
Académie Sportive de Montréal will provide you with a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information contained in your file, if you request it by calling 514-935-8592 or by writing to :
Montreal Sports Academy
5480 Côte-St-Paul Road, Montreal, Quebec, H4C 1X3
If Montreal Sports Academy is unable to provide access to certain aspects of a client’s personal information, it will provide reasons for denying access such as; that doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, or that the information involves confidential business information or privileged attorney-client communications, or that the information involves a breach of an agreement or a violation of law, or that its disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or safety of another individual.
Clients have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information be amended, if necessary, by contacting Montreal Sports Academy or the Privacy Officer as described above. Académie Sportive de Montréal will promptly correct this personal information.